WORKSHOP FEES & PROCEDURES
1. The deposit must be paid in order to reserve a seat. Because we need to make a commitment to our presenters 30 days prior to the workshop, if you wait until after 30 days prior to the workshop, it could be filled or cancelled. Signups are taken first-come first-served and workshops are limited to 20 attendees. Make checks payable to SWS & send to Treasurer, Sierra Watercolor Society, PO Box 70564 Reno NV 89570 to reserve your space. Include your mailing address, email, and phone number. Tricia Leonard will send out the supply list about three weeks before the workshop.
2. While non-members are charged a higher fee for our workshops, for $30 you may choose to become a member thirty days prior to the opening of registration. You would then be eligible for the member rate for this and all 2015 workshops.
3. Workshops must be paid in full 30 days prior to the first session.
4. Up until 30 days prior to a workshop, if a member or non-member must cancel his reservation, he will be refunded his deposit. After that time, monies paid will be refunded only if the organization has a waiting list for that particular workshop and is subsequently able to sell the seat. If no waiting list exists, the person wishing to cancel would then have the option of providing his own replacement. If this occurs, a refund will be issued.
5. All workshops are held at Temple Sinai, 3405 Gulling Rd., Reno NV 89503, from 9 to 4 each day.
Mark Mehaffey: EXPERIMENT for FUN, DESIGN for SUCCESS
WE start with what is important to YOU. We build on that to make the strongest painting possible.
Participants will create paintings using the elements of shape, line, value and color to simplify subject and use a variety of color plans to create emotion and mood. Discussion of content, the importance of color schemes and line quality will also be discussed. Participants will also work intuitively with shape, color, line and especially texture to produce an abstraction with a personal focus and a representational work based on personal reference choices. A variety of 'slippery surfaces' will be explored. Painting intuitively and experimentally will be covered. These paintings will be as fun and absorbing to view, as they are to paint. There will be both group and individualized instruction. This is a fast moving, fun, mixed water media workshop where we all learn and share. All levels are welcome as long as everyone is comfortable with their materials.
Mark's paintings are included in corporate, private and museum collections. Among his many awards are the Silver Medal of Honor from the American Watercolor Society (twice) and the Shanghai Zhujiajiao Watercolor Biennial Award, the top award in the TWSA, the top award in The San Diego International and the top award in the Rocky Mountain National. Mark is the author of "Creative Watercolor Workshop" by North Light and is a popular juror, he was honored to serve as a juror of selection for both the American and National Watercolor Societies, and as an elected juror of awards for the American Watercolor Society.
The registration for his workshop is now open! The cost for the three day workshop for members is $275 and $335 for nonmembers. The deposits are $175 and $200.
mixed water media on yupo
transparent watercolor on gesso/paper