SWS sponsors water media and related workshops throughout the year. Recognized artists from around the nation are brought to Reno to teach classes, which are available to members and non-members. Fees are very reasonable. Registrations for each workshop opens three months prior to the workshop. At that time the cost of the workshop is established and announced in our monthly newsletter. Signups open on the day designated in the announcement.
For more information, or to register for workshops, please call Tricia Leonard at 775-636-7616 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information also found in our latest newsletter.
VALERIE P. COHEN
At our next meeting on January 9, 2016, at 1 pm noted local artist and fellow SWS member Valerie P. Cohen will give a talk and slideshow of her paintings. This will be a visual autobiography of her 35-year career as an artist: why she started painting, how and why her work has evolved over time.
To see examples of her art, go to her website www.valeriepcohen.com. Her watercolors appear in national and international exhibitions, and she is a Signature Member of California Watercolor Association and San Diego Watercolor Society.
WE WELCOME MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC.
2016 Workshop Artists.
Clockwise from upper left:
Suzanna Winton, Mark Mehaffey, Don Andrews, & Nancy Collins
WORKSHOP FEES & PROCEDURES
1. The deposit must be paid in order to reserve a seat. Because we need to make a commitment to our presenters 30 days prior to the workshop, if you wait until after 30 days prior to the workshop, it could be filled or cancelled. Signups are taken first-come first-served and workshops are limited to 20 attendees. Make checks payable to SWS & send to Treasurer, Sierra Watercolor Society, PO Box 70564 Reno NV 89570 to reserve your space. Include your mailing address, email, and phone number. Tricia Leonard will send out the supply list about three weeks before the workshop.
2. While non-members are charged a higher fee for our workshops, for $30 you may choose to become a member thirty days prior to the opening of registration. You would then be eligible for the member rate for this and all 2015 workshops.
3. Workshops must be paid in full 30 days prior to the first session.
4. Up until 30 days prior to a workshop, if a member or non-member must cancel his reservation, he will be refunded his deposit. After that time, monies paid will be refunded only if the organization has a waiting list for that particular workshop and is subsequently able to sell the seat. If no waiting list exists, the person wishing to cancel would then have the option of providing his own replacement. If this occurs, a refund will be issued.
5. All workshops are held at Temple Sinai, 3405 Gulling Rd., Reno NV 89503, from 9 to 4 each day.
Evening Primrose at Night
11600 in the Whites