SWS sponsors water media and related workshops throughout the year. Recognized artists from around the nation are brought to Reno to teach classes, which are available to members and non-members. Fees are very reasonable. For more information, or to register for workshops, please call Tricia Leonard at 775-636-7616 or email at email@example.com. Further information also found in our latest newsletter.
John Salminen's "Realism through Design" workshop is now open to all. He will share his approach to urban painting and help participants in all aspects of painting a representational cityscape or town scene. These include choosing the subject, creating the mood and adding emotional content, lighting the scene for dramatic effect using photo references in a meaningful way, and most importantly, strengthening and enhancing representational painting through design. The workshop will include demonstrations and lots of one-on-one help.
The cost of this workshop is $360 for members and $420 for non-members with a deposit of $180 for members and $200 for non-members required at the time of sign-up. See further details above.
WORKSHOP FEES & PROCEDURES
1. The deposit must be paid in order to reserve a seat. Because we need to make a commitment to our presenters 30 days prior to the workshop, if you wait until after 30 days prior to the workshop, it could be filled or cancelled. Signups are taken first-come first-served and workshops are limited to 20 attendees. Make checks payable to SWS & send to Treasurer, Sierra Watercolor Society, PO Box 70564 Reno NV 89570 to reserve your space. Include your mailing address, email, and phone number. Tricia Leonard will send out the supply list about three weeks before the workshop.
2. While non-members are charged a higher fee for our workshops, for $30 you may choose to become a member thirty days prior to the opening of registration. You would then be eligible for the member rate for this and all 2015 workshops.
3. Workshops must be paid in full 30 days prior to the first session.
4. Up until 30 days prior to a workshop, if a member or non-member must cancel his reservation, he will be refunded his deposit. After that time, monies paid will be refunded only if the organization has a waiting list for that particular workshop and is subsequently able to sell the seat. If no waiting list exists, the person wishing to cancel would then have the option of providing his own replacement. If this occurs, a refund will be issued.
5. All workshops are held at Temple Sinai, 3405 Gulling Rd., Reno NV 89503, from 9 to 4 each day.