August 11 - 14, 2015
demo Aug 15
Open for registration May 1
Cost: $325 for members/$385 for non-members
October 6 -9, 2015
demo October 10
Open for registration July 1 for members/July 10 for non-members
Cost: $360 members/$420 nonmembers
Deposit: $180 for members/$200 nonmembers
March 9-11, 2016
demo March 12
May 11-13, 2016
demo May 14
SWS sponsors water media and related workshops throughout the year. Recognized artists from around the nation are brought to Reno to teach classes, which are available to members and non-members. Fees are very reasonable. For more information, or to register for workshops, please call Tricia Leonard at 775-636-7616 or email at email@example.com. Further information also found in our latest newsletter.
Myrna explores watercolor's limitless range of possibilities with a special emphasis on color, dramatic impact, and textures. Her figurative work seeks out the universal communication of humanity through expression and gesture.
Exhibiting with the California Watercolor Association Blackhawk Gallery, Myrna has won numerous first and second place awards.
The October 2007 issue of Watercolor Magic magazine has a feature article on her portrait process. She was featured in the March 2008 issue of Artist Magazine and appeared on the cover of Palette Magazine (December 2008 – January 2009 issue) She will be featured in the August 2015 Watercolor Artist Magazine.
This workshop is for those people who wish to move away from a strict interpretation of a photograph and explore the potentials for unique and creative alternatives.
Everyone will be working with the same image, provided by the instructor, to maximize the number of variations produced in the time frame of the workshop. We will be working with a portrait image, but the principles learned in this workshop will work with any subject matter. Participants can work with any or all water media.
Myrna supplies the image. Each day we will explore a different Element of Design and how it could apply to the image at hand. Each person will have a different combination of elements to work with (randomly chosen).
This is an unusual workshop in that each participant and their paintings will expand the knowledge of the entire group. At the end of the workshop, each person will have produced four or five paintings. Multiply that by the number of participants, and we have that many different variations of one image!
Be prepared for fun, creative excitement in a fast-paced, intense, and highly structured environment.
WORKSHOP FEES & PROCEDURES
1. The deposit must be paid in order to reserve a seat. Because we need to make a commitment to our presenters 30 days prior to the workshop, if you wait until after 30 days prior to the workshop, it could be filled or cancelled. Signups are taken first-come first-served and workshops are limited to 20 attendees. Make checks payable to SWS & send to Treasurer, Sierra Watercolor Society, PO Box 70564 Reno NV 89570 to reserve your space. Include your mailing address, email, and phone number. Tricia Leonard will send out the supply list about three weeks before the workshop.
2. While non-members are charged a higher fee for our workshops, for $30 you may choose to become a member thirty days prior to the opening of registration. You would then be eligible for the member rate for this and all 2015 workshops.
3. Workshops must be paid in full 30 days prior to the first session.
4. Up until 30 days prior to a workshop, if a member or non-member must cancel his reservation, he will be refunded his deposit. After that time, monies paid will be refunded only if the organization has a waiting list for that particular workshop and is subsequently able to sell the seat. If no waiting list exists, the person wishing to cancel would then have the option of providing his own replacement. If this occurs, a refund will be issued.
5. All workshops are held at Temple Sinai, 3405 Gulling Rd., Reno NV 89503, from 9 to 4 each day.