SWS sponsors water media and related workshops throughout the year. Recognized artists from around the nation are brought to Reno to teach classes, which are available to members and non-members. Fees are very reasonable. Registrations for each workshop opens three months prior to the workshop. At that time the cost of the workshop is established and announced in our monthly newsletter. Signups open on the day designated in the announcement.
For more information, please call Gina Lijoi at (775) 843-1209 or email her at email@example.com. To register, please see Workshop Fees and Procedures on this page.
Jeannie Vodden "Watercolor in Translucent Layers"
Join award winning artist, Jeannie Vodden, in an inspiring three-day watercolor workshop.
Jeannie has been teaching watercolor techniques, color theory and portrait painting for over 19 years. She works with a limited palette of staining transparent color, often using only 3 simple hues, to create complex color configurations. She will share her unique transparent watercolor methods with you.
Jeannie will demo a floral still life, but other subject matters will be discussed and demoed, such as watercolor portraits.
- Advance your work to a new level by incorporating some of Jeannie's ideas.
- Learn to see and interpret color using her transparent watercolor techniques.
- Find new inspiration and motivation.
Subject matter choice is open to students' preference, so you may work on anything you desire. However, if you prefer, Jeannie will bring color copies of her demo pieces for you to use and trace or draw.
The workshop will include watercolor demonstrations, plenty of painting time, individual attention and gentle critiques. Students will gain skill in Jeannie's special watercolor techniques, including:
- The use of a limited palette
- How to pick hues for your limited color scheme
- How to see and paint light and color
- Glazing multiple layers without getting muddy color
- Working wet on dry with mingled colors
- Working wet into wet
This class is designed for all levels of painters.
Class dates: May 10 – 13, 2017
WORKSHOP FEES & PROCEDURES
1. The deposit must be paid in order to reserve a seat. Because we need to make a commitment to our presenters 30 days prior to the workshop, if you wait until after 30 days prior to the workshop, it could be filled or cancelled. Signups are taken first-come first-served and workshops are limited to 20 attendees. Make checks payable to SWS & send to Treasurer, Sierra Watercolor Society, PO Box 70564 Reno NV 89570 to reserve your space. Include your mailing address, email, and phone number. Gina Lijoi will send out the supply list about three weeks before the workshop.
2. While non-members are charged a higher fee for our workshops, for $30 you may choose to become a member thirty days prior to the opening of registration. You would then be eligible for the member rate for this and all 2015 workshops.
3. Workshops must be paid in full 30 days prior to the first session.
4. Up until 30 days prior to a workshop, if a member or non-member must cancel his reservation, he will be refunded his deposit. After that time, monies paid will be refunded only if the organization has a waiting list for that particular workshop and is subsequently able to sell the seat. If no waiting list exists, the person wishing to cancel would then have the option of providing his own replacement. If this occurs, a refund will be issued.
5. All workshops are held at Temple Sinai, 3405 Gulling Rd., Reno NV 89503, from 9 to 4 each day.
Eva with Hippo