SWS sponsors water media and related workshops throughout the year. Recognized artists from around the nation are brought to Reno to teach classes, which are available to members and non-members. Fees are very reasonable. Registrations for each workshop opens three months prior to the workshop. At that time the cost of the workshop is established and announced in our monthly newsletter. Signups open on the day designated in the announcement.
For more information, please call Gina Lijoi at (775) 843-1209 or email her at email@example.com. To register, please see Workshop Fees and Procedures on this page.
PAINTING FIGURES IN THE LANDSCAPE
Our workshop artist for August will be Don Andrews. Don Andrews is a nationally known watercolor artist and workshop instructor. He has conducted painting workshops throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe and Africa for over 30 years.
About his workshop: introducing believable figures into your landscape painting will give the painting an accent like nothing else can.
In this workshop Don gives multiple daily demonstrations that make you aware of figure construction and their many uses. You'll be surprised how quickly you will become adept at incorporating figures into your landscape paintings
It's fun to capture man's relationship to nature or even his awkward contrast to his environment. We'll explore a variety of ways to use the human form as an accent, point of interest or dominant character in landscape paintings.
Don's class is geared to artists at all levels with lots of daily demonstrations and personal attention.
Now open for registration. Members $230, Non-Members $290. A deposit of $130 for members, $190 for non-members. is required to hold your spot.
Chichi Steps Guat
WORKSHOP FEES & PROCEDURES
1. The deposit must be paid in order to reserve a seat. Because we need to make a commitment to our presenters 30 days prior to the workshop, if you wait until after 30 days prior to the workshop, it could be filled or cancelled. Signups are taken first-come first-served and workshops are limited to 20 attendees. Make checks payable to SWS & send to Treasurer, Sierra Watercolor Society, PO Box 70564 Reno NV 89570 to reserve your space. Include your mailing address, email, and phone number. Tricia Leonard will send out the supply list about three weeks before the workshop.
2. While non-members are charged a higher fee for our workshops, for $30 you may choose to become a member thirty days prior to the opening of registration. You would then be eligible for the member rate for this and all 2015 workshops.
3. Workshops must be paid in full 30 days prior to the first session.
4. Up until 30 days prior to a workshop, if a member or non-member must cancel his reservation, he will be refunded his deposit. After that time, monies paid will be refunded only if the organization has a waiting list for that particular workshop and is subsequently able to sell the seat. If no waiting list exists, the person wishing to cancel would then have the option of providing his own replacement. If this occurs, a refund will be issued.
5. All workshops are held at Temple Sinai, 3405 Gulling Rd., Reno NV 89503, from 9 to 4 each day.
Marc and Girls